The student news site of Bell High School

The Bell Chimes

A New Addition to the Disney Family

Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout! will replace the beloved Hollywood Tower of Terror attraction at Disney’s California Adventure park, although the ride freefall ride itself stays the same, as it was announced at the 2016 San Diego Comic Con. The official opening date is set for May 27, 2017. Still, some lucky Marvel fans were able to buy tickets to the Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout! Galactic Premier Party on the Disney website before they sold out.

Disneyland Resort
Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT! — Rocket enlists the aid of guests at Disney California Adventure to help free his fellow Guardians of the Galaxy, who have been captured by The Collector. This all-new experience opens on May 27 (Disneyland Resort) ©Disney/Marvel

The Galactic Premier Party offers ticket-holders the opportunity to experience all six different versions of the Guardians attraction where the Guardians face different challenges as they make their escape the night before it’s open to the public. The six versions synchronize with a different song for each challenge. This includes music from the Jackson 5, Elvis Presley, and Pat Benatar. The grand opening of the Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout! attraction is just the beginning of what Disney is now calling the “Summer of Heroes.”

Although many were sad to see the Tower of Terror leave, the amount of support for the new additions were overwhelming. Disney and Marvel fans alike are ecstatic to welcome the “Summer of Heroes” starting with Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout!

11 Comments

11 Responses to “A New Addition to the Disney Family”

1. Shayna Lopez on June 22nd, 2017 11:40 am

As someone who loved tower of terror I was very sad to see the ride go. Although being upset at first I realized that Disney did good and they knew what they were doing. Things can not stay the same forever. Changes need to be made so this one was one of them. After seeing what the new ride would look like and all of the great reviews and comments it was getting I can not wait to see what all the excitement is about and finally be able to enjoy this new ride and new edition to DCA.
    For detention hours
    Shayna Lopez (12/A)

[Reply]

2. Esau Ordaz on June 22nd, 2017 12:21 pm

This really makes me excited, the guardians of the galaxy are one of my favorite super hero groups. The fact that the experience is so close to home makes me happy.

Esau Ordaz
    Track:A Grade:12
    For Hours

[Reply]

3. Jessica Chavez on June 22nd, 2017 7:21 pm

I was sad to see the Hollywood tower of Terror go, but times are changing and it is cool to see a new version of the ride. Guardians of `The Galaxy is one of my favorite movies so I was very excited to see a ride for it. When I went to Gradnight it wasn’t open yet which i was disappointed, but they hype was there. If this is one of the first rides they remodel, I am very excited to see what other rides get revamped.

Jessica Chavez
    12/A
    Mr. Jansen

[Reply]

4. Jeselle Brijlall on June 22nd, 2017 8:55 pm

Growing up I enjoyed going to Disneyland very much. Every time I went I looked forward going to the Tower of Terror. I was exhilarated each time I got on. I could not get enough of that ride! Sadly, the ride has been replaced. Disney continues to make more renovations to the theme park, which isn’t a bad thing. It’s just hard not being able to see a part of your childhood anymore.

Jeselle Brijlall
    Track: A Grade:12
    detention hours

[Reply]

5. Bianca Solano on June 22nd, 2017 10:37 pm

I actually enjoyed tower of terror, although i haven’t been to Disneyland recently i dont know how ill feel about the remolding of the ride. Guardians of the Galaxy is something i’m not familiar with. So my filling about this new ride are a bit mixed.

Bianca Solano (12/M)
    detention hours

[Reply]

6. Jessica Sanchez 12/A on June 23rd, 2017 10:02 am

When I first found out Tower of Terror was gonna be gone I was very sad. It felt as if part of Disney was being taken away. Looking at he bigger picture now I realize just like anything things change throughout time and Disneyland is such a tourist place they were sooner or later going to change something. Now my trip to Disneyland will be a bit different and I am going to look forward to seeing what amazing idea Disney came up with now to make my trip to Disney an unforgettable experience Guardians of the Galaxy is a very futuristic group of super heroes that will be able to make this attraction something we won’t regret.

[Reply]

7. Jessica Sanchez 12/A For Hours on June 23rd, 2017 10:03 am

[Reply]

8. Jorge Carranza 12/A For hours on June 23rd, 2017 10:57 am

I really loved Tower of Terror. I was very sad when I heard this ride had to go. I was really upset at first but then I realized that Disney has their reasons and knew what they were doing. Changes have to be made to parks like those. They’re not just going to stay the same for ever. Then I saw what the new ride would look like not so long ago, all of the great reviews and comments it was getting I can not wait to see what all the excitement is about and finally be able to enjoy this new ride and new edition to Disneyland California! For hours Jorge Carranza 12/A

[Reply]

9. Jerry Monroy on June 23rd, 2017 10:59 am

Grad night was my first time being at Disneyland and I didn’t get to go on the tower but it looks and sounds exciting . I’m sure people were sad about it’s goodbye but also will be happy if this ride comes out better than the previous one . Marvel fans with Disney fans seem like a good combination, both have huge fan bases so I wouldn’t doubt that “Summer of heroes” is gonna be a huge success .
    Jerry Monroy
    Track: B
    For hours

[Reply]

10. Fabian Mendez on June 23rd, 2017 11:32 am

I have actually never been on the Tower of Terror so it kind of pains me to see it change but at least the new version of it is going to be something awesome that i like so there still is an upside.
    For hours

[Reply]

11. Alexandra Cruz 12A Mr. Jansen detention hours on June 23rd, 2017 11:46 am

When tower of terror was removed I was really sad about the fact that they where changing the theme. Tower of terror was a really old ride in which every family loved and enjoyed. Many people loved the ride and was a classic at California adventure. Now that they changed it I really don’t know how I feel. Unfortunately I haven’t had the chance to ride but definitely this summer I will will take the trip to try out guardians of the galaxy.

[Reply]

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

*

• A New Addition to the Disney Family

News

Ending with a Win

• A New Addition to the Disney Family

Showcase

A Passion for Wrestling

• A New Addition to the Disney Family

News

Composting = Conservation

• Showcase

Swim Photo Slideshow

• A New Addition to the Disney Family

News

AP: Always Pressured

• A New Addition to the Disney Family

News

Trash or Cash

• A New Addition to the Disney Family

News

Sports Dilemma

• A New Addition to the Disney Family

Opinion

Why Do News Sites Hate Millennials?

• A New Addition to the Disney Family

Opinion

Homeless But Not Hopeless

• A New Addition to the Disney Family

News

Academic Decathlon Shines

A New Addition to the Disney Family