The student news site of Bell High School

The Bell Chimes

A Night in Hollywood

Abraham Castillo and Karolina Herrera were named Junior Ball Prince and Princess.

Alyssa Lara, Feature Staff Guest Writer

The drive was a long one, but it was worth every second of inching anxiety. Junior Ball, held at the Ritz Gardens in Whittier, was a long way away from Bell, in terms of miles and in terms of the atmosphere.

The dance was Hollywood themed, and the venue was adorned with red, black, and gold colors. There was elegance in the air as students waltzed into the hall clad in tuxedos and flowing dresses. The theme certainly fit right. The dance was very organized, and no student had problems with admission.

The dance was off to an amazing start. The night was glowing, everyone seemed to be floating. Once more people arrived, dinner was announced.

There was a buffet with completely ordinary options like pasta, chicken, rice, bread rolls, and fruit. It was fine, although everyone had their different opinions on the choice of meat.

“It tasted like canned chicken. I’ve never had canned chicken, but I feel like that’s what it would taste like,” said junior Denise Garcia.

After everyone was stuffed with their dinner, music made its way to the ears of all attending. Although the music setlist was quite odd, the junior class was appreciative of the diversity of it.

Later on in the night, the moment Juniors had all been waiting for finally arrived.   With a collective gasp, the Prince and Princess of the Ball were announced. Congratulations to magnet students Karolina Herrera and Abraham Castillo!

All in all, Juniors agreed it wasn’t the best dance ever, and they didn’t think it would be. The night was still fun, and talking and dancing and complaining about chicken and laughing with friends is always the right way to spend a Friday night.

2 Comments

2 Responses to “A Night in Hollywood”

1. Esau Ordaz on June 22nd, 2017 12:26 pm

Abraham deserved that crown. I knew how bad he wanted to win and he did it. I wish i was there to see him win all those votes. Good job.

Esau Ordaz
    Grade:12 Track:A
    For Hours

[Reply]

2. Bianca Solano on June 22nd, 2017 10:21 pm

My beautiful Karo won her very well deserved crown. I hope the juniors had fun and hope they cherish that memory. Junior ball was one of the most fun experiences i had throughout high school.

Bianca Solano (12/M)
    detention hours

[Reply]

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

*

• A Night in Hollywood

News

Ending with a Win

• A Night in Hollywood

Showcase

A Passion for Wrestling

• A Night in Hollywood

News

Composting = Conservation

• Showcase

Swim Photo Slideshow

• A Night in Hollywood

News

AP: Always Pressured

• A Night in Hollywood

News

Trash or Cash

• A Night in Hollywood

News

Sports Dilemma

• A Night in Hollywood

Opinion

Why Do News Sites Hate Millennials?

• A Night in Hollywood

Opinion

Homeless But Not Hopeless

• A Night in Hollywood

Feature

A New Addition to the Disney Family

A Night in Hollywood